Everybody loves chocolate brownies, and we’re no exception! Which is why we developed this notoriously nutty recipe for all to enjoy, using our own medjool dates. It’s a really great recipe for those following a raw, vegan or dairy free diet, and is equally as fabulous for those not! Super simple to make, requiring just a food processor and freezer.
- 2 mug sized cups of medjool dates
- 5-6 teaspoons good quality cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 200g pecans (or walnuts)
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice e.g. maple syrup/honey)
- Handful of dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Coarsely chop the medjool dates and pecans, then place them into a blender/food processor along with the rest of the ingredients. Tip – if you like a crunch in your brownies (like us) then throw the nuts in whole.
- Blitz for approximately 10 minutes until the mixture has formed a thick, sticky paste. If you want your brownies a bit more textured and with a nutty crunch, then reduce the blending time.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking tray and freeze for half an hour to help it set.